Effective communication is pivotal to building strong relationships with your stakeholders. Email remains a cornerstone of work interactions, offering a direct channel to engage and convey important messages. GraceBlocks understands the significance of tailored communication, which is why we've developed a feature that allows you to seamlessly implement custom "From" email addresses within the GraceBlocks email messaging framework. By default, when using the GraceBlocks email messaging feature, messages sent through GraceBlocks are sent "from" the email address of firstname.lastname@example.org. This article covers the following:
- Why choose a custom "from" email address?
- One-time setup and cost for setup of each address
- Initiating the custom "from" address setup
- Overview of the implementation process
Why choose a custom "from" email address?
Enhanced Brand Identity: Leverage the power of personalized email addresses to reinforce your brand identity and create a lasting impression on recipients.
Recipient Trust: Emails sent from familiar and relevant addresses are more likely to be opened and engaged with, fostering recipient trust and engagement.
Precise Communication: Differentiate between various departments or purposes by assigning specific "From" addresses, ensuring your messages land in the right context.
One-time setup and cost for setup of each address
For each email address that you would like added to your Zone, there is a one-time setup fee. Once activated, the email address will be available for use as the "from" address throughout the Zone by any user with access to tabs and records where email messaging is activated.
A one-time $200 setup fee will apply for this customization. This fee covers the administrative and technical work required to implement the custom "From" address.
Initiating the custom "from" address setup
Step 1 - Request Submission: Review and complete this form to initiate the process.
Overview of the implementation process
Below is a summary of what you can expect after your request is submitted.
Step 1: Technical implementation by GraceBlocks
Request verification: Once we receive your custom "From" address request, our technical experts will swing into action. We will confirm the Zone and Owner match to ensure the validity of the request. To be valid the following must be true:
- The Zone exists and is active and is on a paid GraceBlocks plan.
- The submission was created by an active Zone Owner for this Zone.
- The email domain of the requested "from" address email matches the domain of the Zone owner who has submitted the request.
The Zone owner will receive an email follow-up from the GraceBlocks technical implementation; they will confirm your request and coordinate the sender verification step (the next step). Should a discussion be warranted, this individual will also schedule a meeting.
Step 2: Email sender verification
Sender verification email triggered: The GraceBlocks technical implementation lead will initiate the process for email sender verification. An individual with access to this email will need to process the incoming email that will be sent from our 3rd Party email messaging console, SendGrid.
- Verification by Zone Owner: The Zone owner will need to receive the email or work with an authorized recipient of this email to receive and confirm the validation step included in the verification email sent by SendGrid.
- Notify users of upcoming "from" email addition: The Zone owner should consider if they will want to deactivate the default email@example.com email so all emails can only come from the new "from" email. Use this time to communicate with users who will have access to send emails that this new email will be coming. Include an explanation of all of the email options that will be available to users if more than one email will be available and active in the Zone when implementation is complete.
Step 3: Email sender activation and testing
GraceBlocks Activation: Once the verification is completed and registered with SendGrid, the GraceBlocks technical implementation lead will activate the custom "From" address within the GraceBlocks email messaging platform and test the email's availability within GraceBlocks. You will receive confirmation when it's ready for use.
Final Review by Zone Owner: The GraceBlocks technical lead will notify the Zone owner that the email is available and ready for use. The email will be active in production at this time. At this time the Zone owner should complete their final review. These activities are recommended:
Deactivate any email addresses that should no longer be available for sending email messages. (This is done under Zone Settings in the Zone messaging number(s), emails and funds section.)
- Test that email sending is working as expected.
- Communicate the final availability of the new email address for users.